Engineering Centre provides engineering support to railway wagons during their whole life-time, and it is engaged in solution of problems arising at exploitation, business and economic activities, as well as in protection of the copyright of design organisations and companies using the rolling stock.
Engineering Centre carries out different marketing and engineering projects in cooperation with the largest rolling stock owners and major wagon building and wagon repair enterprises, constantly interacts with state supervision bodies to improve normative and methodological base in the railway sector.
Its basic activities are:
- marketing researches in the sectors of freight and passenger transportation by railway;
- marketing research in the sphere of manufacture, modernisation and repair of wagons, their basic components and spares;
- researches to develop new wagons and nodes;
- design and preparation for new wagons manufacture Ц including development of requirements specification, design documentation, normative calculations, author following the manufacture and pre-production model tests, participation in acceptance and qualification tests, getting necessary approvals in the supervision bodies in the Russian Federation and the CIS;
- development and implementation of new types of bogies for freight wagons, facilities for loading/unloading of hoppers and tank wagons, braking systems and other details of rolling stock;
- development of design and technological documentation, introduction of new types of railcar repair, modernisation and re-equipment into production;
- examination of project, repair and technical documentation for it to meet the normative documents;
- patent research of railway transport objects;
- wagon exploitation monitoring.
In the lat five years, Engineering Centre developed and introduced into full-scale production over 50 new projects of railcars. The novelty of the elaborations is confirmed by more than 40 patents. The employees of the enterprise published over Е. articles in scientific and popular editions in Russia and abroad.
Technical equipment allows to solve even complicated tasks using modern computer engineering, automated design systems, and data base management.
High professional level of work execution is provided by a team of qualified specialists. The team includes doctors and candidates of technical science, magisters of engineering and technologies, engineers as well as experts of certification system at the federal railway transport and the single system of industrial safety.